Welcome to Sunday Worship Service
Shared ministry of Eastman Salem & Prairie du Chien
United Methodist Churches:
Second Sunday after the Epiphany
January 16, 2022
Maria Kim, Pastor
* Please, stand up, as you are comfortable.
WORDS OF WELCOME
CALL TO WORSHIP
Welcome to this holy space where God’s Spirit dwells among us!
We come longing to feel the presence of God.
Open your hearts, for this is a place of prayer and healing.
This is a place of joy and faith.
This is the place for you.
Thanks be to God!
* HYMN: O Splendor of God’s Glory Bright #679
* PRAYER OF CONFESSION Liturgist
Gracious God, we often forget that you dwell in our hearts. We fail to notice that your Holy Spirit is present in our lives at all times. In our forgetfulness, we stumble and fall, we turn away from you. Forgive us and help us turn toward your love, your healing, and your truth. In the name of the one who brings life, we pray. Amen.
* HYMN: Only Trust Him #337
SCRIPTURE: 1 Thess. 5:16-18 Liturgist
Mark 11:24 MESSAGE: “The will of God for me”
The Shared Ministry of Eastman Salem and PdC United Methodist Church invites all children who are between the ages of 3 yrs and 10 yrs old (completed 3K through fourth grade) to join us for Vacation Bible School. Monday, August 9, 2021 to Friday, August 13, 2021, from 5:30 pm until 8:15 pm. The evening will provide youth with a light meal, story time, music, craft and science activities that all focus around a fun message of God as we become Knights of North Castle.
Knights throughout history were strong and courageous and were warriors for the kings they served. With each daily lesson the youth dive into the story of these brave individuals who protected the weak and never backed down from doing what they were called to do.
Registration is open until July 15, 2021. Register at https://sites.google.com/view/eastman-wi-umc-vbs/home. Any questions contact Cindy Payne by calling 608-734-9443.
Weekly Announcements (Jan. 16 - Jan. 22)
• Mask wearing is not required yet during worship. However, with the current surge of Omicron variants in Wisconsin, mask wearing, keeping social distance and no handshaking are recommended.
• Radio ministry: on WPRE 104.3 FM at 10:30 am on Sundays.
• Sunday worship audio recording & Announcements: on our church website (www.pdcumc.org).
• Prayer request: If you would like to add a name to the intercessory prayer during worship on Sundays, please, contact Pastor Maria, church office or our caring ministry team members. You can use prayer request cards.
• Visitation request & pastoral care: If you or your family members would like to have pastor Maria’s visitation or Caring Ministry team’s care, please, let us know any time.
• Congregational vote on Church Model A and B
- Prairie du Chien church finished all the voting (Jan.9, 12). Total 24 people voted.
- After voting on 19 (Wed) at Eastman church (Total 6 people voted on Jan. 9) is completed, the result will be posted on church website (www.pdcumc.org) and announced on coming Sunday.
• Pasty Sale was a success. 29 volunteers worked together. Made and sold 340 pasties. Thank you all!
• Confirmation Class for youth of both churches: 2nd Session will be held today after Sunday worship at Eastman church.
• Annual Audit: will be conducted by the Audit Committee (Janet Geisler (Eastman) and Lowell Ahrens (PdC)) by the end of January.
• Superbowl Sunday: on Feb. 13. Please, bring cans of soup to Church for the Food Pantry.
• Combined Newsletter of Jan. & Feb. will be published with a financial report included.
• This week Pastor Maria will be in the office on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning & afternoon. She will lead worship in the PdC Correctional center on Saturday at 7:00pm.
Prairie du Chien UMC
• UM Men’s group meets every Wednesday at 7:00 am
• UMW invites anyone to join them in making Valentines for the shut-ins on Feb. 7 at 6:00pm in the PdC Fellowship Hall.
• Trustee committee meets on Jan. 11 at 6:30pm.
• Sunday School: 1st & 3rd Sunday
• Caring Ministry team meets on Jan. 19 at 10:30am.
• Adult Bible Class: after Sunday worship 10:00-11:00am. All adults are welcome.
Eastman Salem UMC
• Caring Ministry team will meet on Jan. 19 at 4:30 pm at church.
• Sunday School: 3rd Sunday
• Rock Solid: Jan. 19 (3rd Wed.) at 5:30pm
• Chris Nagel Benefit will be held on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 4-10pm at St. Wenceslaus Church Hall, Eastman
United Methodist Church Secretary Position Available
We are looking for a friendly responsible person to work part time 12-15 hours, three mornings per week
Answering Phones and Processing Mail
Preparing Weekly Bulletins for Church Services
Recording Weekly Contributions
Preparing and Mailing Monthly Newsletters
And any other tasks requested by the Pastor and Administrative Council
Please send resume to 625 S Dousman Street, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821 or email to [Email hidden] by February 1, 2022.