Welcome to Sunday Worship Service
Shared ministry of Eastman Salem & Prairie du Chien
United Methodist Churches:
Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost
October 24, 2021
Maria Kim, Pastor
* Please, stand up, as you are comfortable.
WORDS OF WELCOME
CALL TO WORSHIP
And now we come to worship.
And now we are gathered as one.
And now we turn our hearts.
And now we bless the God of all, who everywhere works great wonders..
Great God, we long for your deliverance from this world's sorrows and troubles:
in your mercy give us gladness and peace, Amen.
* HYMN: Holy Holy Holy #64
* OPENING PRAYER Liturgist
Lord God, you are the Source of life. We turn to You longing to be filled—to taste Your goodness and live. May the time we spend together in Your presence nourish our hearts and minds; may it strengthen our relationship with You, and renew our commitment to live in this world as Your faithful disciples. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
* HYMN: We Are Climbing Jacob’s Ladder #418
SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 61:3-4;7-10 Liturgist
MESSAGE: “From Dust to Diamond”
The Shared Ministry of Eastman Salem and PdC United Methodist Church invites all children who are between the ages of 3 yrs and 10 yrs old (completed 3K through fourth grade) to join us for Vacation Bible School. Monday, August 9, 2021 to Friday, August 13, 2021, from 5:30 pm until 8:15 pm. The evening will provide youth with a light meal, story time, music, craft and science activities that all focus around a fun message of God as we become Knights of North Castle.
Knights throughout history were strong and courageous and were warriors for the kings they served. With each daily lesson the youth dive into the story of these brave individuals who protected the weak and never backed down from doing what they were called to do.
Registration is open until July 15, 2021. Register at https://sites.google.com/view/eastman-wi-umc-vbs/home. Any questions contact Cindy Payne by calling 608-734-9443.
JOYS & CONCERNS
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE
THE LORD’S PRAYER
*OFFERING / DOXOLOGY #95
Praise God from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen
*UNISON PRAYER OF OFFERING:
Ever-faithful God, we long to be faithful givers, modelling ourselves on you who gives everything to us. May your Spirit of abundance, which gives more than we ask or imagine, grace these gifts for your kingdom in Jesus’ name, Amen.
* HYMN: Victory in Jesus #370
* BENEDICTION & SENDING
Weekly Announcements (Oct. 24- Oct. 30)
• The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention recommended that vaccinated people should mask up indoors in areas of high transmission (unvaccinated people were already asked to wear masks).You may wear masks for your health during worship.
• Radio ministry is broadcast on WPRE 104.3 at 10:30 am on Sunday.
• Audio Sunday worship service: you can listen to Sunday worship on our church website (www.pdcumc.org).
• Worship assistants needed: If you are interested, pls, contact Monte or church office or sign up your name. Prairie du Chien and Eastman Sunday worship are in need of sound system back up persons. If you feel called, pls, let church leaders know.
• There are copies of sermon manuscripts on the back and they can be mailed/ emailed to you at your request.
• Prayer request: If you would like to add a name to the intercessory prayer during worship on Sundays, contact Pastor Maria or church office or you can use prayer request cards
• Visitation request & pastoral care: If you or your family members would like to have pastor Maria’s visitation, contact Pastor Maria anytime.
• Pastor’s office hours are now back to normal. Thanks for your understanding and prayers.
• The updated ALB guideline (by Conference ALB team) is available at church office. Anyone can read or request a copy.
• Pasty Sale was successfully done on Oct 19. Thanks to Diane Koth, Shelby Knutson and their volunteering team!
• Congregational vote on two church models timeline:
- Pls, pick up an explanation on the two models & questionnaire survey today. (you may return it before or after town hall meetings)
- Town hall meetings at each church & casual meetings with ALB leaders of your church & pastor based on the survey questionnaire. (your feedback is important)
- Voting on January 9, 12, 16, 19 (only members)
<Prairie du Chien UMC>
• UM Men’s group meets for breakfast every Wednesday at 7:00 am at Huckleberry restaurant.
• UMW meets every second Wednesday at 1:00pm
• Trustee committee meets every second Tuesday at 6:30pm.
• Sunday School: 1st & 3rd Sunday
• The Caring Ministry team of PdC UMC will have the first meeting on Oct. 27 at 11:00am. Anyone who feels called is welcome. (Contact person: Juanita Dyer, Mary Atkinson)
<Eastman Salem UMC>
• Rock Solid on Nov. 17
• Youth gathering
• Sunday School on Oct. 31
• Halloween family party on Oct. 31: starting with Sunday School and continuing after church with the whole family!
• The Caring Ministry team for Eastman UMC people & community: anyone interested, pls, let leaders or Pastor Maria know.