Welcome to Sunday Worship Service
Shared ministry of Eastman Salem & Prairie du Chien
United Methodist Churches:
First Sunday of Advent
November 28, 2021
Maria Kim, Pastor
* Please, stand up, as you are comfortable.
WORDS OF WELCOME
CALL TO WORSHIP
Our promised salvation is at hand.
A righteous branch has sprung forth, bringing hope to our world.
Our eyes have beheld the goodness and mercy of the Lord.
A Son has been given to us, bringing justice and virtue to our land.
Let us worship the God of our salvation.
ADVENT SCRIPTURE READING
Isaiah 40:6-10 / Mark 13:24-33
* HYMN: Come, Thou Almighty King #61
* OPENING PRAYER Liturgist
God of peace, from the heavens you rain down mercy and kindness, that all on earth may stand in awe and wonder before your marvelous deeds. Raise our heads in expectation, that we may yearn for the coming day of the Lord and stand without blame before your Son, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
* HYMN: Lord of All Hopefulness #2197
SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 1:17-19 Liturgist
MESSAGE: “Advent Hope and Children”
The Shared Ministry of Eastman Salem and PdC United Methodist Church invites all children who are between the ages of 3 yrs and 10 yrs old (completed 3K through fourth grade) to join us for Vacation Bible School. Monday, August 9, 2021 to Friday, August 13, 2021, from 5:30 pm until 8:15 pm. The evening will provide youth with a light meal, story time, music, craft and science activities that all focus around a fun message of God as we become Knights of North Castle.
Knights throughout history were strong and courageous and were warriors for the kings they served. With each daily lesson the youth dive into the story of these brave individuals who protected the weak and never backed down from doing what they were called to do.
Registration is open until July 15, 2021. Register at https://sites.google.com/view/eastman-wi-umc-vbs/home. Any questions contact Cindy Payne by calling 608-734-9443.
Weekly Announcements (Nov. 28- Dce. 4)
• The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention recommended
that vaccinated people should mask up indoors in areas of high transmission (unvaccinated people were already asked to wear masks).You may wear masks for your health during worship.
• Radio ministry is broadcast on WPRE 104.3 FM at 10:30 am on Sunday.
• Audio Sunday worship service: you can listen to Sunday worship on our church website (www.pdcumc.org).
• Prayer request: If you would like to add a name to the intercessory prayer during worship on Sundays, please, contact Pastor Maria, church office or our caring ministry team members. You can use prayer request cards.
• Visitation request & pastoral care: If you or your family members would like to have pastor Maria’s visitation or Caring Ministry team’s care, please, let us know any time.
• Congregational vote on Church Model A and B timeline:
- Pls, pick up handout copies of the two models & questionnaire surveys in the narthex today. (you may return it before or after town hall meetings)
- Town hall meeting dates: Dec. 8, 19 (PdC)/ Dec. 19, Jan. 2 (Eastman). Meanwhile casual meetings with ALB leaders of your church or pastor are available. (your feedback is important)
- Voting on January 9, 12, 16, 19 (only members according to the Book of Discipline)
• Thanksgiving/ Christmas Food Collection: Food Drive boxes are left in each church. Items will be placed around the altars.
• Hats and Mittens Tree for Operation Santa: Through the month of November both Churches will be collecting Hats/ Mittens and items. Items will be picked up by Operation Santa around Dec.1.
• Church Bake Sale: Order will be received by Dec. 6. Pick-up is available at both churches. Please, contact Cindy Payne Cindy Payne (608-412-0214)
• Thanks to all who decorated altars for Advent and Christmas seasons.
• Town Hall meetings:
- Eastman Church: on Sunday, Dec.19 and Jan. 2 after service
- PdC Church: on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 3:00pm following UMW
meeting and Sunday Dec. 19 after service.
Prairie du Chien UMC
• UM Men’s group meets every Wednesday at 7:00 am
• UMW meets every second Wednesday at 1:00pm
• Trustee committee meets every second Tuesday at 6:30pm.
• Sunday School: 1st & 3rd Sunday
Eastman Salem UMC
• Youth Group: on Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 4-7:00pm.
• Rock Solid: on Dec. 8 at 5:30pm.
• Advent Fair on Nov. 28
• The Caring Ministry team: Pam Lorenz, Susie Konichek, Darlene Payne, Jill Forde.
• Annual Advent Fair today: Immediately following church, we will have a potluck lunch followed by family craft projects for both children and adults along with decorating of the Christmas tree inside the church. The lunch will be served by servers and there will be six different craft stations for the children and adults to mingle and work. We will also be having a wrapping station so they can be presented as gifts. ALL are invited and we are planning for a good turnout.